We are open 10a – 11p, Monday – Sunday. We utilize a demand-driven — or a participant-driven — model; this means we don’t travel around West Tennessee doing outreach, trying to find people who need clean syringes, naloxone, or other harm reduction supplies. Rather, we wait for people in need of our services to reach out to us and request supplies. We utilize this service model to better match how state-approved Syringe Services Programs (SSPs) are required to operate here in Tennessee.
Here’s how our program works:
- Contact us. Reach out to us via our Tennessee Harm Reduction Hotline at (731) 803-0362 — text or call — or our website’s Contact page. Social media and email also work (see the social icons immediately below this list).
- We’ll arrange a neutral, public meeting site somewhere in North Jackson. We pick the location. We always select well-lit, safe locations. We do not deliver to you.
- Contact us when you arrive at the meeting site. At first, we didn’t require participants to show up first, but after we kept having to wait on participants, we changed our rules. Contact us when you get there and we’ll be there in a few minutes. We promise not to keep you waiting.
- We’ll show up at the site. We’re not pulling up in a big orange-yellow van with huge decals that read “FREE SYRINGES! COME ONE, COME ALL!” — we’re discreet and use a regular vehicle just like you.
- Get the supplies and dip. It’s time to get your supplies. We put your supplies in a Walmart bag for added privacy. You can stay and talk, should you have any questions, or leave as soon as you get what you came for.
- If you’re ready, contact us!
Current Supplies in Stock (as of late July 2022)
Syringes (4 kinds, 2 “shorts”, 2 “longs”)
• EasyTouch® Insulin Syringes, 31G, 1 mL, 5/16″ (a.k.a. “shorts”)
• EasyTouch® Insulin Syringes, 30G, 1 mL, 5/16″ (a.k.a. “shorts”)
• BD Insulin Syringes with BD Micro-Fine™ IV Needle, 29G, 1 mL, 1/2″ (a.k.a. “longs”)
• BD Insulin Syringes with BD Micro-Fine™ IV Needle, 28G, 1 mL, 1/2″ (a.k.a. “longs”)
Note: For help understanding what syringe sizes mean and how to read them, check out our guide “Understanding Syringes“.
Naloxone (2 kinds)
• Intramuscular (IM) injection naloxone kits (#2 25G, 3 mL, 1″ syringes + #3 naloxone vials (0.4 mg/mL, 1 mL)
• NARCAN® (naloxone HCl) Nasal Spray, 4 mg
• Cookers (aluminum, no handle)
• Alcohol swabs (McKesson Alcohol Prep Pads, 70% strength isopropyl alcohol, 1.2″ x 2.6″)